Skip to main content

Register a New Student

Now Enrolling for the 2021/2022 School Year!

For the upcoming 2021/22 school year, we are still enrolling new students.  School begins on August 19.  Office staff are available to assist you with enrollment over the summer and encourage you to complete this as soon as possible.  Please follow the directions below or contact Melissa Hirth for assistance at 805-688-4810, ext. 4440 or


Welcome to Solvang School! We look forward to helping you through the enrollment process. Below are the steps that you will need to follow to complete enrollment for each student. Enrollment includes registering your student online and also providing the school with all necessary documentation.

We are happy to answer questions. Please contact Melissa Parlee Hirth at 805-688-4810, ext. 4440 or For assistance in Spanish, please call Lilly Garcia at 805-688-4810, ext. 4455

Step 1: Gather information needed for online registration.

Before preparing to register online, please make sure you have the following information:

  • A valid email address and valid residence address

  • Parent/Guardian’s home/work phone numbers and address

  • Name and phone number of emergency contacts

  • Date first enrolled in any California school – First day of school in TK/K

  • General demographic information about your student

  • Important medical or special needs information about your student

Step 2: Complete Online Registration

  • Plan for online registration to take 20-30 minutes. Some mobile users have trouble when registering. A computer is recommended.

  • Click below to register in English or Spanish

  • You will be directed to another webpage (Aeries) where you will need to fill in all required information.

  •  Make sure to select the correct school year.

Step 3: Provide the school with documentation to complete the enrollment process

The information below can be dropped off at the Lower Campus (elementary school) office or emailed to If emailing, please include your child’s name and grade in the body of the email.

  • Proof of Immunizations. This can be an Immunization Yellow Card or a printed list of immunizations from your child’s doctor or clinic. For information on required immunizations, please click here.

  • Birth Date Verification. This can include:

    • Official or Certified Copy of the birth record.

    • A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth.

    • A baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth.

    • A Passport.

    • When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student's parent/legal guardian may be accepted.

  • Proof of Residency. Two forms of proof of residency are required. These can include:

    • Current utility bill (gas, electric, or water) 

    • Rental agreement

    • Current mortgage statement 

    • Property tax bill

    • Other. If you reside with family or have a lease where utilities are included, the office can provide you with a form that your landlord can sign.

  • If you live outside of the Solvang School District, you need to get an Inter-district transfer from your school of residence. For more information on inter-district transfers, please click here.

  • If you have a student in special education, please provide the school a copy of the most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP).

  • If you have a student with 504 accommodations, please provide the most recent 504 Plan.

Additional Requirements for Kindergarten 

Health and Development form. To be completed by a parent.

CHDP Health Form. Please complete the top portion and have your medical provider complete the bottom portion. You can also choose to complete the waiver. The exam should be completed six months or less, prior to the start date of kindergarten. 

Oral Health Form. Please complete the top portion.  Your dental health provider needs to complete the middle section or you need to complete the bottom waiver section.

Dual Language Immersion Application. Our Dual Language Immersion program requires a separate application form to be completed. This is available in early January of each school year for incoming kindergarten students. We typically accept applications through the end of February. Contact the office for more information.