Curriculum & Instruction
Solvang School works hard to surpass the academic guidelines established by the California Department of Education by providing a challenging and engaging curriculum for our students.
Solvang Elementary School Curriculum
Solvang School follows California State and Solvang District guidelines. The school district has adopted content standards and Multiple Measures assessments. These assessments allow teachers, students and parents to see where individuals are in reaching and/or exceeding District Standards. The measures will determine whether the student has successfully learned grade level standards. The results of these measures will enable our teachers to teach to your child's individual needs and strengths. Copies of the State content Standards can be accessed at the links provided below.
From the California Department of Education website:
Content Standards for California Public Schools K - 12
- English Language Arts
- History & Social Science
- Physical Education (PDF 2.45MB)
- Visual and Performing Arts (PDF 1.7MB)
- English Language Development (English Version) (PDF 851KB)
- English Language Development (Spanish Version) ( PDF 269KB)
The state of California has instituted standardized tests to ensure compliance with these guidelines and assess whether schools are meeting these goals. To learn more and view our recent test scores, visit our accountability page.
Solvang School is committed to helping every student maximize his or her academic potential.
By providing opportunities for students to receive a learning experience tailored to their abilities, Solvang School helps instill confidence and a love of learning at an early age.
We offer a number of specialists and enrichment programs to help each student achieve to his or her highest potential:
- A variety of resource specialists and speech therapists for students with specific learning needs
- A school improvement program aimed at increasing the performance of every student
- After school programs in academics and community service
- Enrichment programs for students seeking a more challenging academic environment
We welcome feedback on any of our programs. Please contact us if you have questions, comments or suggestions on how we could better help your child. 13d8